Absolut wants to change what the world sees when it looks at African art online. With this crowd-sourced initiative Absolut aims to help rewrite Africa’s story.
About Change African Art
Change African Art is a celebration of authentic African artwork, music and design.
About the project
This website is part of a movement that promotes a proud and authentic African identity. By sharing the African art pictures featured on the website, Internet users can help change the search results for African art and design to be a true reflection of African artwork and creativity. They can do this online by choosing and sharing some of the best artwork by African artists - from South Africa to Ghana, Kenya to Nigeria.
It’s time the world sees that African art is not what you see in curio shops or international travel brochures.
View some of the magnificent African artwork featured on the website:
- African art photography - Jojo Abot by Amaal Said
- Contemporary African sculptures - The Reign by Mary Sibande
- African Fashion Design and Photography - Fashion Editorial by Victor Peace
- African Fashion Photography - Camo by Thandiwe Muriu
- African Body Art - The Sacred Art of the Ori by Laolu Senbanjo
- African Multimedia Art - Simon and Mary Colab by Trevor Stuurman
- Quirky African Art and Illustration - The Uncultured Club - Yay Abe and Russell Abraham collaboration
- Modern African mask art - Africadia 1 Series by Siwa Mgoboza